This training course provides participants with an overall understanding of what is required to be compliant with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code Part 9, Fall Protection. At the end of the course, students should understand fall protection safety principles; how these principles apply to their work environment and how to use fall protection equipment in a correct and safe manner. The content of this course covers the general principles of fall protection. Employers are responsible for ensuring their own companies have created a fall protection program which addresses their specific workplace needs.
- Overview of portions of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Legislation and Code
- Review of portions of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Legislation and Code as it pertains to fall protection
- Fall protection situational awareness
- Special hazards
- Inspection and maintenance
- Special situations
- Potential injuries due to falls
- Emergency preparedness and response
Length: Four hours
Certificate: Valid for three years
Note: This course has been approved for 0.6 CEUs from the Alberta Environment & Parks (AEP) Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Provincial Programs Branch.