Fire Safety and Extinguisher
The Fire Extinguisher course is intended to provide people with information on fire prevention, evacuation and suppression. Students will learn about fire sciences, what can be done to put the fire out, different extinguisher characteristics and the type and amount of fire a particular extinguisher is designed to put out. Finally we tie all the theory into a practice by allowing the student to extinguish a controlled (live) fire with an extinguisher.
- Understanding Emergency Plans
- Elements of a Fire / Fire Triangle & Fire Tetrahedron
- Characteristics of Fuels
- Fire Prevention / Isolating Fuels & Ignition Sources
- Classification of Fires
- Extinguisher Characteristics
- Extinguisher Pictographs
- Extinguisher Ratings
- Extinguisher Agents
- Extinguisher Types & Extinguisher Parts
- Fighting a Fire / Pass Technique & Fire Approach
Length: Four hours
Certificate: Valid for three years
Note: This course has been approved for 0.3 CEUs from the Alberta Environment & Parks (AEP) Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Provincial Programs Branch.