ESC – FP
ESC - Fall Protection
This training is for those who plan on working at an oil sands specific work site. Otherwise, Western Canada Fire & First Aid Inc. (WCFF) offers an Occupation Health & Safety (OH&S) compliant Fall Protection course.
DESIGNED FOR: Workers who need basic fall protection training to work in areas with potential fall hazards. Note: While this basic course can be used as part of a worker’s competency assessment, the employer must designate a worker as a “competent person” based on the specific tasks assigned.
- Fall protection concepts
- Legislation and regulations
- Safety measures and best practices
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards
- Fall arrest systems and equipment
- Protection planning
- Effects of fall and fall rescue planning
- Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components
Length: Approximately eitght hours
Certificate: Valid for three years
Note: This course includes a mandatory written theory test (English only).